Wednesday, April 9, 2008
One Week Closer To The End!!!
We have officially made it through the first 7 days of this deployment. Only about 200 days or so to go! Well, you have to start somewhere, right? Tonight at church I began to think about how many times I have found myself standing alone in the church, listening to the pastor teach. I can remember the first lengthy separation, and standing in the small chapel at Calvary Chapel Fayetteville, listening to Pastor Joey play the guitar and crying because I didn't know how I was possibly going to make it through 2 1/2 months without JJ there. Back then we only had Jaydon. Now, here I am again, alone with the children, sometimes wondering how I am ever going to make it through the next 6 months without my best friend. Although I would not presume to say I have wisdom, I have gained a little more insight into this particular area of our life, and I know that these are the times when we (JJ and I) are truly able to draw closer to God. I think the hardest part of any deployment is the anticipation of it. I must confess, when he told me he was going back again (this is his 5th deployment) I was terrified wondering how I would manage with 5 kids, and no family around to help me, but as the deployment became a reality, I was reminded how God always provides for our needs, most visibly on these deployments. He has always filled every need we have ever had, and I have faith that He will continue to do so during this deployment. So I praise God for this time when JJ and I are able to draw closer to Him and see how He truly fills all of our needs. I praise Him for always bringing JJ home whole to us. And I praise Him for all the people, family and friends, who He places in our lives to see us through this time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment