Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Busy Few Days


As we prepare for JJ's upcoming deployment (he leaves next week), lots has been going on. Abby has been having lots of trouble, and has lost more than a pound in the past 10 days. She is down to 8.2 pounds, which is just barely above her birth weight. She was admitted to Children's Hospital in Denver Monday, where they did losts of tests, and we begged them to send us home of Tuesday so we could spend a little time with JJ before he goes. Right now she is getting a high calorie formula, but if she hasnt gained enough weight by next week, she will have a feeding tube put in. Please say a prayer for little Abby if you find the time.


On the fun side of things, JJ took all 5 kids to the Denver Aquarium on Saturday, and I hear they all had a blast! Jaydon wants to go back and swim with the sharks, and Hannah wants to go swim with the fish. We may buy a family membership so that we can make the Aquarium a regular part of our summer vacation.

2 comments:

Robbin said...

Hello Tammie, I am very sorry to hear about Abby and her losing weight. I will be praying for you and your family.

What a blessing that J.J. took all the children to the local museum/park. I did not know that J.J. was going to be deploying so soon. I'm sorry to hear that.

And to hear how well your children behaved at the doctor's office is a testimony to your good parenting skills.

My entire family misses you all. I enjoy looking at the pictures. Keep us updated as to Abby's health and weight. We will continue to pray for her and for you as you will be a "single parent" for a while. How long will J.J. be gone?

love in Christ, Robbin

Anonymous said...

Yo JJ,

Congrats on SMSgt! Well deserved my good friend. I will try to catch up with you this week before you depart for your deployment. I will probably be over there on a CALL trip in the summer so I'll look you up! We'll keep Abby in our prayers! Talked to Sean the other day, hope to see Sean and Marcy in July in Alaska! God Bless you and Tammie and fam! Russ and Tricia